Yodel recognised by retailers for Going the Extra Mile
Yodel has won an industry award for ‘Going the Extra Mile’. The UK’s leading parcel delivery company was presented with the trophy at last week’s MetaPack Delivery Conference (7 February) at the Business Design Centre in London.
The company, which has approximately 17 per cent of the UK parcels market, delivers over 150 million parcels per year on behalf of the majority of the UK's top retailers. 75% of its deliveries are direct to consumers, while the remaining 25% are to businesses and into stores.
Commenting on the award, Rob Minns, Sales and Business Development Director, MetaPack said; "We wanted to help recognise the excellent progress the industry is making and felt there was no better way than to allow those who actually use the services to voice their opinion. Retailers were invited to vote for carriers in three categories and Yodel came out top for going above and beyond and surpassing expectations. Our retailers commended Yodel's "spirit and determination" through tough times and we are pleased to be able to present Yodel with this award on their behalf."
Dick Stead, Executive Chairman, Yodel, added; "We always welcome feedback and I am delighted that we have received this accolade from retailers. We will continue to work with our clients to develop new services as the online retail industry continues to evolve."
* parcels handled between 1 and 24 December 2012.