Yodel Driver & Courier Terms and Conditions
Please note that your acceptance of these Terms is required for your use of the App. If you don’t accept these terms you will be unable to use the App, which may result in you being unable to provide services to Yodel.
WHO WE ARE AND PURPOSE OF THESE TERMS
We, Yodel Delivery Network Limited (Yodel, we, us), with company number 05200072 and registered office 2nd Floor Atlantic Pavilion, Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4AE license you to use:
- Yodel Driver and Courier mobile application software 10.0.0, (App) and any updates or supplements to it;
- The related online AND/OR electronic documentation, including any training materials provided to you by us (Documentation);
- The data provided to you via the App which enables you to provide the relevant service to us, including but not limited to information relating to parcel deliveries (App Data),
as permitted in these terms.
By accepting these terms, you agree to the obligations set out in these terms.
APP STORE’S TERMS
The ways in which you can use the App may also be controlled by the rules and policies of the App Store (whether this is a public or enterprise App Store) from which you downloaded the App.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce from time to time.
We will give you at least 30 days' notice of any change. We may contact you by email, via push notifications or using a banner in the App to notify you of any changes.
If you do not accept the notified changes you will not be permitted to continue to use the App and the App Data.
In order to use the App and the App Data to provide any services to us, it is your responsibility to ensure that your mobile device is properly charged and that you have constant access to the internet, either via a mobile network or Wi-Fi connection.
You should make all efforts to ensure that you have continued access to the internet for the duration of each period in which you are engaged by us to provide any services.
YOUR APP PROFILE
When you first download the App, you will be prompted to create a user profile. You must complete this process before you will be able to use the App or the App Data.
Your profile is personal to you, and you must never share your profile log-in details with any third party - including another Yodel worker - for any reason without prior permission from us. Additionally, you must not allow anyone else to access the App using your profile or log in details for any reason.
You should only log into your profile on one device at any one time. Should you have to use an alternative device to access your profile, you should first log out of any device on which you are currently logged into.
USING THE APP
HOW YOU MAY USE THE APP AND THE APP DATA
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
- download or stream a copy of the App onto a mobile device and view, use and display the App and the App Data on such device for the purposes of providing your contracted service to us only;
- use any Documentation provided to you by us to support your permitted use of the App and the App Data;
- receive and use any free supplementary software code or update of the App incorporating “patches” and corrections of errors as we may provide to you, and you agree that you shall install such updates when requested, to ensure the continued secure operation of the App;
- only use the App Data for the purposes of providing a service to us.
When using the App in addition to complying with these Terms, you must also comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App.
If you download or stream the App onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner’s permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF THE APP AND THE APP DATA
You must not:
- use or make any copy of the App Data for personal or malicious purposes, or for any purposes other than the provision of the services for which you are engaged to provide to us;
- transfer the App or the App Data to anyone else, whether for money, for anything else, or for free. If you transfer to any third party any device on which the App is installed (whether by way of sale, donation, disposal or otherwise), you must remove the App from it prior to the transfer being finalised;
- permit any third party to access the App of the App Data on your mobile device. You must not share your log in details to any third party or use them to grant a third party access to the App or the App Data using your profile without prior permission from us;
- use the App or the App Data in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App or the App Data;
- disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or the App Data nor attempt to do any such things;
- update or amend the App with any software code or updates provided by any third party, unless directed to do so by us;
- infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App or the App Data (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App, Documentation or App Data nor permit the App or the App Data or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- use the App or the App Data in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- back-up the App or the App Data to your mobile device, or any other device, or make any attempts to extract any information contained within the App; and
- rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the App or the App Data in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us.
UPDATES TO THE APP
From time to time we may automatically update or request that you install an update to the App to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the App or the App Data.
BREACH OF THESE TERMS
We may end your rights to use the App and the App Data at any time by contacting you if: i) you have broken these terms in any way; or ii) you are in breach of any other contract you have with us; or iii) any other contract you have with us is terminated; or iv) you are in breach of any applicable law.
If we end your rights to use the App and App Data:
- You must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the App and any App Data.
- You must delete or remove the App from all devices in your possession and confirm to us that you have done this.
- We may disable your App profile meaning that you will no longer be able to log into the App or access any App Data.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property rights in the App, the Documentation and the App Data throughout the world belong to us or our third party licensors and the rights in the App are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the App, the Documentation or the App Data other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude all liability to you for your use of the App. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the App or the App Data is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay.
WE MAY TRANSFER THIS AGREEMENT TO SOMEONE ELSE
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
No rights for third parties: This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, to enforce any term of this agreement, or any similar law which may arise in any other jurisdiction.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force: Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later: Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Governing law: These terms, and any claims arising out of, or in connection with them, are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.