At Yodel, we've come a long way since we first started delivering your parcels.
- Yodel begins its journey as the Home Delivery Network.
- We acquire the B2B and B2C operations of DHL Express UK and rebrand as Yodel.
- The new Yodel brand is launched to the public with our sponsorship of Tour of Britain, the UK’s premier road cycling event.
- We make our first major investment, with our state-of-the-art sort centre at Wednesbury. This has enabled us to grow and quickly establish ourselves as the go-to delivery service for B2B and B2C parcels.
- Our two networks – Home Delivery Network and DHL Express UK – are integrated.
- Former MD of Parcelforce Worldwide, Dick Stead is appointed as Yodel's executive chairman.
- We start to receive recognition for our work – winning the ‘Going the Extra Mile’ award at the MetaPack Delivery Awards.
- We launch ‘Have Your Say’, our unique, ongoing consumer feedback programme that collects over 4,000 responses a day.
- Tony Grace and Adam Gerrard join our executive board as chief financial officer and chief information officer, respectvely.
- We launch the Yodel Foundation to raise money for our nominated charity (MacMillan Cancer Care), the Retail Trust and the Yodel Employee Distress Fund, set up to assist our colleagues who find themselves in need due to illness, injury or incident.
- We continue our support for Tour of Britain, extending our sponsorship of the Yodel Sprints Jersey to include the inaugural Women’s Tour, which is a great success – read more about our sponsorship work here.
- We are honoured to deliver 888,246 ceramic poppies, which had been on display at the Tower of London on behalf of Historic Royal Palaces.
- We win a national CCA Excellence Award for our customer care.
- We invest in seven new, strategically positioned, 'super' service centres to increase our efficiency and network capacity.
- The 'Have Your Say' survey secures Yodel a National Courier Award, CILT NW Best Practice Award and silver award at the UK Customer Experience awards. Our work in this area continues to grow.
- Lynne Graham join our executive board as our people director.
- Mike Cooper is appointed CEO of Yodel, having previously held a number of senior executive roles in the travel industry.
- We win IT team of Year at the 2016 UK IT Industry Awards.
- Joint venture, Collect+, becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Yodel and Collect+ CEO, Neil Ashworth joins our executive board.
- Adrian Harris comes on board as our operations director, from Marks & Spencer.
- We win two major IT awards - National Technology Awards’ Best Tech Team and the Big Data and IoT Excellence Awards’ Outstanding Data Solution.