At Yodel, we've come a long way since we first started delivering your parcels back in 2010!
- Yodel begins its journey as the Home Delivery Network.
- We acquire the B2B and B2C operations of DHL Express UK and rebrand as Yodel.
- We make our first major investment in our Wednesbury Sort Centre. This enabled us to grow and quickly establish ourselves as the go-to delivery service for B2B and B2C parcels.
- The new Yodel brand is launched to the public with our sponsorship of Tour of Britain, the UK’s premier road cycling event.
- Our two networks – Home Delivery Network and DHL Express UK – are integrated.
- Dick Stead is appointed as Yodel's Executive Chairman.
- Yodel begins to grow and we start to receive recognition for our work – we win the award for ‘Going the Extra Mile’ at the MetaPack Delivery Awards.
- Keith Basnett is appointed as Yodel's Chief Operating Officer.
- We launch ‘Have Your Say’, a unique consumer feedback programme.
- Our industry-leading Customer Experience Academy is established, providing our frontline workforce with a recognised qualification in customer service.
- The year finishes with us handling more than 14 million parcels in the run up to Christmas.
- 2014 sees four new people join our executive board: Nick Porter is appointed as our Chief Commercial Officer, Tony Grace as Chief Financial Officer, Adam Gerrard as Chief Information Officer, and Martin Cleator as Change Director.
- We launch the Yodel Foundation to raise money for our nominated charity (MacMillan Cancer Care) as well as the Retail Trust and the Yodel Employee Distress Fund for our colleagues who find themselves in need due to illness, injury, or incident.
- We continue our support for Tour of Britain, extending our sponsorship of the Yodel Sprints Jersey and promising a further five years of logistical support. We also sponsor the inaugural Women’s Tour, which is a great success – read more about our sponsorship work here.
- We are honoured to deliver the 888,246 ceramic poppies, which had been on display at the Tower of London on behalf of Historic Royal Palaces.
- We win a national CCA Excellence Award for our customer care on social media.
- The 'Have Your Say' survey secures Yodel the CILT NW Best Practice Award in June. Our work in this area continues to grow: the survey has received more than 1 million responses so far.
- Lynne Graham joins us as our People Director.
- We invest in new, strategically positioned 'super' service centres to increase efficiency and capacity.
- We appoint Mark Horrobin as Peak Programme Director to oversee the planning of deliveries over the Christmas period, when parcel volumes increase dramatically.